This is the first of the “Move On! Chronicles” – messages of invitation and motivation sent to you from me, Bob Navis Jr., to hopefully inspire you make the time and find the way to audition for our last glorious production at St. Pat’s. It will be a festival of memory, honor, song, circle and one huge opportunity to find the gift in the problem of leaving our home at West 38th Street and Bridge Avenue.
It is the sunset of Near West Theatre’s life-and-times at the St. Patrick’s Club Building – the place, the home, that brought so many of us together. So many of our friendships began here, and in a few short months it will be part of our history. We will never again climb those stairs, hear the floorboards creak, sneak moments on the fire escape, run back to the concession area to pick up our pumpkin pal gift or stand in that dusty, too-hot or too-cold space to sing, circle, cry and feel the power of our art and our love.
Auditions for Move On! are only one month away: April 14, 15 and 16 (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings) at the theater on Bridge Avenue. Ages, times and details can be found at our website and at the end of this edition of the “Chronicle.”
Here are some things that you may want to know, or understand:
- To be eligible to audition, you need to have appeared in at least one of our full-length, main-stage productions. Also, having been in the cast of any KLAMOR show or any road show or oral history production of NWT, such as Breaking Through, Harvesting My Dreams, or Peoples of Cleveland, makes you eligible to audition.
- This is indeed an audition. For reasons of space and cast size, not everyone who auditions will be cast. I wish we could do that, but it is not feasible, practically or economically.
- We will make every effort to include people who have moved out of Cleveland and wish to audition and be considered. Those who are cast must be prepared to work with others who may have limited time and ability to rehearse. Think THE BENEFIT.
More “Move On! Chronicles” coming every few days or so. I’ll be sharing with you the concepts of the show that is being planned, songs that are being considered, etc., etc. Very exciting stuff! Wait for it … wait for it … Love, — Bob.
P.S.: If you have any questions, suggestions, etc., please, please, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 216-281-6879. I’d love to hear from you.
Move On! Audition Information
- Actors eligible: Anyone who has been cast and performed in a Near West Theatre show
- Ages eligible: 7 and up
- Dates (choose one): Monday, April 14; Tuesday, April 15; Wednesday, April 16
- Times: Ages 7 to 13 – 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. Ages 14 through adult – 7:30 to 9:30 p.m.
- Place: St. Pat’s Club Building, 3rd floor, 3606 Bridge Ave., Cleveland OH 44113
- Details: Arrive 15 minutes early to register. Friendly, group-oriented audition process. Dress for movement. No preparation necessary. Plan to stay for the entire time specified for your age group.